Have you seen the movie Yes Man? Recently Joe and I have decided to become ‘Yes Men for God’. When He asks something of us, no matter how hard, impossible, or just plain ridiculous it seems, we say yes. Adopt. How in the world are we going to be able to afford that?! Just trust Me. Alright if you insist. (This is when we started taking the steps towards adoption. Now our hearts are broken for what breaks His.) Move. What where?! Just do it. Alright if you say so. (This is when we applied to mission schools in Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Taiwan. We were keeping our eye on some schools in the Murfreesboro area. We have also applied to Alaska… again.) When it all seems too hard and my heart feels weighed down I remember the story of Moses and the Israelites.
Dueteronomy 8:2, 3, & 5 “2 Remember that the Lord your God led you on the entire journey these 40 years in the wilderness, so that He might humble you and test you to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. 3 He humbled you by letting you go hungry; then He gave you manna to eat, which you and your fathers had not known, so that you might learn that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. 5 Keep in mind that the Lord your God has been disciplining you just as a man disciplines his son.”
I know we are becoming better people because of these choices. I have been feeling joy like I have never known before, but it doesn’t mean things are perfect. My heart aches more than I can explain. I am tired of taking the steps, waiting for things to fall into place. I am tired of just praying and waiting! I want to take action! I want to GO! But... alas it will not happen on my time :(
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment