Monday, March 7, 2011

Traveling from home

Last week we tried Ethiopian food for the first time... I made it myself. I was unsure at first. But once it started cooking and those smells started to rise from the pots I knew it was going to be a hit! I almost never follow a recipe exactly so that could be why it was so delicious... it was Alice-ified. Here was the menu for the night...
Injera (this is the bread 'plate') with Amhari Mesir Wat (this is a red lentil dish) and Yekik Alicha (Ethiopian Split Peas) I also made Niter Kibbeh (Ethiopian Spiced Butter) for cooking the dishes above and found I like to sautee onions and mushrooms in this for my 'normal' everyday cooking. You wouldn't believe how filling this was! It was so cheap to make and we all (minus Molly... she never eats) went to bed with nice full tummies. A+ in my book!
Sorry the pictures aren't the best... it was the best I could do with the lighting I had... nothing creative.
Sometime this week... maybe tonight... we are going to Mexico for some homemade Tamales!


No comments: