
Today I am angry. Frustrated. Tired. I absolutely hate renting but can't see owning a home in our near future so I'll have to suck it up. Our fridge is broken. It stopped cooling the food. The freezer is defrosting. There is water all over the floor. It all started yesterday-ish but we thought we had fixed the problem. After a google search we decided to try a few things. Joe pulled the fridge out and cleaned underneath and behind it. It has probably never been done. When we moved in we were told that nobody smoked in the house. I believed them... I shouldn't have. (correction: Joe says they said "The previous tenants were not
supposed to smoke inside." I wasn't there for that part... or didn't listen :/ )Gavin and Arwen's room smelled like sweat and smoke... took a LOT of magic on my end to get that out... mostly. I had to wash the walls and carpet multiple times. Anyway back to the fridge. Joe found cigarette butts underneath it! Oh ew! The fridge seemed to be cooling a bit better all day yesterday. This morning the milk was about room temp... I didn't notice until Arwen handed me her morning cup back, "Here mama. Milk?" I smell her milk. GAG. I check my milk in the fridge. Gag BARF! Ug. We just went grocery shopping. The milk, buttermilk, whipping cream, and a few other things are bad already. I
think I saved the cheese and eggs by moving it over to the freezer although that may not keep them fresh through the day. The landlords haven't returned our call or email yet. Joe called Sears. They can come look at it on FRIDAY! I guess we will be eating out and living out of a cooler until then :( Not a great start to my day. Can't wait until Joe gets home so we can eat!
My confession is this: While the milk smelled awful 1 unopen gallon didn't smell as bad so I still made my tea with it... wasn't sure how I would handle the day if I couldn't wake up. Also, I took these pictures of Arwen crying because I felt the same exact way but adults can't get away with throwing fits like this. (She's crying because she wants to wear Macy's rainboots but can't walk in them. She keeps falling. So I put Molly's tennis shoes on her and she cried because they weren't boots.)

Above: crying because she wants boots
Below: saying "SHOES!"

I saw this 'writing' on the fridge last night and overheard a convo between Molly and Gavin that went like this. g "Good job writing letters Mol. How did you do it?" m "I just licked my fingers." Nice. Can you see what it says? Poo! The fridge is poo and she knew it first LOL!

3 comments:
OH Alice!! I'm SO sorry... wish you lived right around the corner and I'd bring you some fresh milk and something with caffeine!!
Oh my goodness... what a day! I can't believe the landlord did not respond! I'm praying that your evening is much better:)
Thank you both again! You are both amazing friends! She did call back. Thank God! In the past they have been hard to reach... maybe there was a miscommunication... maybe ;) They should be getting someone out here soon. I can't wait until I see it in action! That will be so exciting!
Post a Comment