We've been busy... First, me and Joe had an overnight stay-cation... first overnight in 5 yrs!! Then I spent the night with my ma and sis! College dorms are gross, and I am glad I never had to stay in one. I held an infant... now Joe has to get me a puppy or I may DIE ;) We heard from AK... we didn't make the agenda... more waiting. Decided one day I want to live in Africa... today I want to live in Kenya. They have an amazing school there that Joe would love to teach at. They have filled positions for this next year already. Arwen pointed to a map this morning (it was Africa) then yelled GO!
Anyway... then Joe went back to work on Monday. The same day those storms whipped through! It was scary at the time but looking back it's really funny. Monday was Molly's 4th bday!! She wanted to watch tv all day so I was letting her. PBS kept announcing severe thunderstorm warnings during her fave shows and she was not happy. When they decided to 'upgrade' to tornado warnings she cried. It was scaring her so I turned it off and got them ready for nap. I convinced her everything was fine because it wasn't even raining. It started to rain right after that. Gav was reading on the couch, Macy was in bed, Arwen was sleeping, and poor Molly was sitting on the potty... the rain turned to hail and suddenly you couldn't see anything out of the windows because the wind was blowing the rain/hail so hard! It got CRAZY. I yelled at Gav and Macy to get in the bathroom... poor Molly yelled at them. "I AM IN HERE!" LOL! I grabbed the baby and the dog and put the kids in the bathtub. I thought it was kinda safe so I went and grabbed blankets and a light too. I was afraid the windows would smash or the ceiling fall in on us if a tree hit our house. I wanted the kids to be safe. It wasn't a tornado... just crazy high winds. Here is the best after shots I could get. Sorry they are so dark. 4 giant uprooted trees fell AWAY from our house, 2 large trees snapped in half and headed for our mailbox but didn't reach the house, the dog house was in a tree, our fence is gone (found it in the woods), shingles are missing, and little trees are broken, but all that is nothing. God kept us safe. :) He's a good guy. Then the power was out for most of that day. Tv and internet were out until this morning! Crazy crazy couple of days.
The kids in their 'safe place'... they thought they were having a party!

2 of the uprooted trees
A neighbor pulling the trees out of the road so our other neighbor could get out of the drive way and they didn't blow into our houses in case the wind decided to come back.
Above: Part of our dog house
Below: 2 large cedars across the street. They are prettier on the inside anyway ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment