




Gavin lost his first tooth! The day before yesterday (Thursday) it started to wiggle in the morning and by bed time it was time to pull it! The first thing Gavin tells me, after he overcame the initial fear of loosing a tooth, was that he wanted to put it in a glass of water and watch it turn into a penny!!! WHAT? After some prodding he says that Cherist (a girl at school) has a silver tooth that will turn into silver money so he wants his to be a penny.... weird. We tried to explain but he wasn't convinced. So after he got in bed he asks me "if you (I) could just look at it one more time" and it was loose enough that he would swallow it in his sleep if he played with it much more (which wouldn't be any fun). So I pulled it. He was fine until he saw it was bleeding and then he started shaking. Poor guy. Anyway, we gave him the option: he could put it under his pillow and we would pretend the tooth fairy came and he would get money under his pillow or he could put it in a glass of water and see if it would turn into a penny (which he was dying to try) and can you guess which he picked?! Yep he needed to see if it would turn into a penny. Me and Joe snuck in and got the tooth out and Joe put $4 in a plastic bag and returned it to the water and I added a shiny penny too! Me and Joe debated wether or not Gav would know that the tooth DID NOT actually change into the penny. I said he's smart he'll know we did it and Joe bet me a 5 minute back massage that no he would believe the penny was the tooth! I won. Gav ran to the jar when he woke up and says, "Look mom look my tooth its changing into a penny!.... HEY you switched it didn't you!" Man I'm good and my kid is smart! It was hilarious and an exciting day for all of us! Poor Macy is convinced her back teeth are falling out now though. :)
*The pictures are before of the jar with just the little tooth and after with the money and magic penny, Gav's toothless smile, and him holding his tiny little tooth. (oh and he helped me pick the jar to put it in, told me it had to have this much water, and that the water had to be cold! weirdo!!)


2 comments:
Congratulations Gavin on loosing your first baby tooth, now there is an adult one behind that! Oh how that sounds scary, your mom and dad are getting old. . .
Love Ya! Nana & Papaw
Joe & Christina,
I have been reading your blogs and enjoying them very much but I don't know too much about posting comments. Just thought I would give it a try. Gavin, I am so excited about your first missing tooth. I loved the picture. Careful they all start coming out now - sign that you are growing up and your big boy teeth are pushing in.
I'm freezing here at 10 degree's and have been thinking of you guys alot. I just can't imagine what it is like for you and the kids. Hope you know that we are proud of your courage, although hopefully you can move into another teaching position next year.
Love you lots, Aunt Donna
Keep up the enjoyable and entertaining blogs!!
Post a Comment