Saturday, October 4, 2008

Berry Picking





We're backing up quite a bit here to berry picking. Me, Joe, the kids, and the neighbors took the school truck up a tiny path looking for berries. The truck took up the entire "road" with a steep ledge on the side! Turning around was a doozy! We must be natural Alaskans because we apparently picked a spot that many of the natives know is a berry picking heaven. We got quite a few berries (at least I thought so! We filled Gav's school box.) and it took up a few hours! We even saw old grizzly poo turned white with fur in it (good thing we had a gun...BANG!) We had a blast!
Pictures are of Molly picking berries, Surya picking/eating berries, Surya and Vjuala, and Joe and Molly.

1 comment:

Alice Waarvik said...

I did it again! I keep spelling her name wrong! It is easier to leave a comment correcting it than to edit the post so once again it is Ujvala! Dang why can't I get it right?!