Joe and I named her Thora, Macy picked Arista (like the little mermaid sister), Molly picked Bunny, Gavin picked Boomer because she farts, and Waarvik is a name we just happened to like ;)

A gorgeous photo captured at the base of the Rockies at our Hinton KOA.
Anyways, she is ok. I posted a while back to pray for her. She was having a rough night and I couldn't decide if it was the rat poison killing her or she caught that kennel cough. She is much much better now. After that first really awful night (she was breathing oddly, coughing, and well just freaking me out) things got better. The next morning she was still coughing but not as bad and her breathing was normal. I made her eat lots of spinach in an effort to get Vitamin K in her (vets give vit k to dogs who have eaten rat poison apparently) and had her drink lots of water. I looked for my charcoal but didn't find it until this morning or I would have given her that too. I was so angry for a couple nights. Rat poison?! Really! When we got here we were told about it and then told they got it all cleaned up... obviously not. This pile was under a shelf we moved and then we found a giant pile behind a wall thingy... they missed some. I am just so thankful Thora got it instead of a kid! Can you imagine? I wish it hadn't happened at all but, as I am not a time traveler, I will have to be satisfied with the fact that no one was hurt.
On a happier note, check out how huge she is now! She is taller than Arwen now and weighs 63 lbs (a few weeks ago anyway).

She likes to lean against me
She doesn't especially like to be hidden like a horse. Arwen is actually shouting "Geh up geh up!"
Well, she got up! Too funny! *No dog or person was injured in the snapping of this photograph.*



No comments:
Post a Comment