Hello from Alaska! I am writing you from our hotel in Fairbanks. We arrived here this morning at 3:00 am (Alaska's time, for TN that is a 3 hour time difference)! Oh my we were/are tired. The first flight, from Nashville to Seatle, would have been perfect had poor Molly not have thrown up all over! (She was much happier afterwards.) The landscape was beautiiful! The mountains are amazing (can't say the same about the desert) and I hope to go back to visit someday. The flight from Seatle to Fairbanks was nice too but it was cloudy (and dark) so we couldn't see much. We were actually on the same flight as the band WAR... you know "All my firends drive low riders"... they were a hoot!
We love Alaska so far. The temp. was about 54 today and we still have almost 200 miles north to go! It's chilly and I would go and pack all my jackets... so thank goodness for thrift stores! I got a cute little jacket there for a couple dollars and now I won't freeze my bum off! We talked to someone today who told us that Venetie is like going to a whole other country. The culture is so different from what the "white men" are used to. I couldn't help but giggle and then I thought oh my God he is serious. We can't wait to see our new home even more now! But back to Fairbanks... for those of you who know Wisconsin or the U.P., it feels a lot like that. The trees are similar and so is the weather but there is just something about seeing those mountains in the background that make it so amazing! I will let you know more about our new home as soon as we get there and set things up! Night.
~Christina


4 comments:
Hope you guys made it safely and are able to stay warm!
WTF?!?!? I thought you were blogging? I'm going to bed! :P
Looks like you will have enough room for us!! LOL Hope the weather is good too.
We have enough room for whoever wants to come for a visit! So come all of you!
Post a Comment