Friday, February 17, 2012

When it was cold


While it was somewhere below -60 I decided we HAD to take a family photo. I wasn't sure if our homestudy case worker was going to need one... better safe than sorry. Our plan was to take a quick walk to the post office stopping at the front of the school to take a photo. Thankfully Mr. Handy Man was there terrorizing me so I asked him to snap it. We never made it to the PO... it was too cold .
My hair was frozen (that's why it looks grey!)
Joe's mustache and beard were frozen
We are all holding our breath (because you could see it and all of us breathing together was causing quite a fog).
And I'm pretty sure nobody could feel their legs or faces!
This week we have been able to walk to the school without our coats on. I hope it stays this warm-ish...


While Joe was fixing the new dresser for the millionth time he found this. Sometimes ice grows on the inside of the walls... I don't know why... it just happens. Well, the ice here is 'eating' Joe's socks! There were a few pairs stuck to the wall. I think we owe the dryer an apology... I've been blaming it for the lost socks.
Our little preschool friend had a birthday party (during one of those colder than -60 nights) that we weren't going to miss. We walked (more literally... we RAN) on over and had a LOT of fun! This is what we looked like on the return trip. Notice there is no ice growing on Arwen's little face? Her cheeks aren't even red! Looks like the coat works!

No comments: