Saturday, December 24, 2011

Rainbow party

For our 6 year old! Because I have too many photos (I am having a terrible time choosing) to add to her 6 yr bday post I am making this one separate. A rainbow birthday party deserves it's own post.
At her request we decided to have a rainbow party this year. Just us. A whole day marathon. We made pink pancakes for breakfast, decorated with our rainbow drawings, napped (still have one semi sick kido), made a rainbow layer cake, and dyed play silks! I even wrapped her birthday gift in the colors of the rainbow. That was a HUGE hit :)
Here are the photos...
Woooo HAPPY Bert-day!

Add food coloring to your 'funfetti' cake mix

Grease your pan

Cook your colors one at a time

Wash your dishes

The round pan didn't work... had to use a smaller rectangle 

RAINBOW CAKE!!!

Attempting to blow out the candle. She had a rough go with it. Apparently this face was going to help. LOL!
Sisters {love}

dying the play silks... more finished photos of that later... they went to bed with them.

2 comments:

aubmomof5 said...

Ahhh...is that a marinara jar?!?! Did you finally get our box? We got our package...the kids were so excited! Thanks for doing that for us:)

Mom said...

Looks like she had an awesome #6 Birthday!!