Joe left me to go on another boat ride. He made it safely to Fairbanks and I am eating the rest of this fresh fruit! YUM! I think Mrs. Man felt bad for me. Her husband kidnapped my husband after school today and will HOPEFULLY bring him home to me tomorrow with all kinds of goodies. I get so down when Joe is away and I think she saw that when they were talking about leaving. She came over with a BIG box of popcorn shrimp, a bag of tater tots, a huge bag of chex mix, and a wonderfully delicious fresh fruit tray!!! OMG the fruit is soooo good! I normally wouldn't eat the other things but she was so nice to go out of her way and bring (AND LEAVE) all that food here for us I couldn't help myself. I also drank 2 cans of pop. I told Mr. Man he couldn't have Joe unless there was something in it for me now. He brought me pop... almost unheard of in the village! It was nice of her to chat with me for a few hours. It was the perfect amount of time. All the time I normally would have spent worrying about wether or not Joe was stranded on the Yukon or lost in the woods or broken down on the Dalton was spent in distracting conversation with my new friend. She is going to teach me to clean and cook duck, porcupine, and muskrat... ew. I told her I would try it but I wouldn't be able to eat it if I did the work. She didn't tease me at all tonight. She really seemed to know that I was 'off' a bit without Joe. I can't wait to see what all he brings back! Boxed milk, noodles, and chicken broth I am most excited about this time
Mr. Man cheering Arwen up with the mirror. She 'bonked' herself and went right to him! She hardly goes to anyone but she likes this guy.
Mrs. Man... she looks awfully silly eating delicious treats but is her hair not beautiful?! I want gorgeous long black and grey hair someday.
Mr. Man and Joe discussing something important. HA! It's probably football or food or hunting or something manly. *sigh*


No comments:
Post a Comment