When we started this adoption thought process both Joe and I thought we would adopt babies or at most a baby and a toddler no older than two. I have to say that that didn't last long for me. I felt God pulling me a different direction. I want an "older child." When I voiced this thought to Joe he looked at me like I was crazy and said absolutely not! So I didn't bring it up. Instead I started praying that if this was what was to be done then speak to Joe's heart as well. If not then change my mind. We have to be in this together! Much later I stumbled across this blog post and decided it was time to bring it up with Joe again to see where he stood. I quoted a line from the blog post linked above "...a child is never too old to be adopted." I looked at our children and said to Joe, "Now tell them they're too old to have a family. Macy I'm sorry but you are too old to be loved." Macy turned to him and said, "But Dad we are just kids!" Ha! So I wasn't the one meant to convince Joe at all... God used our 4 year old daughter to do it. Amazing. Well that got the ball rolling in a new direction for him. I then stumbled across the movie, War Dance, and decided to give it a try. It seemed interesting enough. (It is a must see for anyone who is trying to understand why we want to adopt from Africa. Watch it.) I have a "feeling" we will no longer be looking to adopt babies ;)
Update on progress: Joe has news about a new job option that he will be posting about soon. I am in the process of experimenting with my sewing talents to make something people would love to buy to help fund our adoption. Right now most things are just ideas. If any of you have ideas on fund raising let us know. Hopefully we will get started on those things soon!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Kimmie said: Praying for you...may God's hand and heart guide you to your children (and He will, because He is ever faithful...and He loves orphans...even the old ones!)
We never did any fund raising until our last two adoptions. For the one in 2009 we just added a donate button...we raised $3,000 just through the blog. This past one a few blogging friends joined us in getting the word out (and using their blogs to sell Etsy items towards our adoption). We also had friends throw us a fund-raiser dinner, local business' donated items of all sorts for a raffle, strangers handed us money...we were overwhelmed by how God brought the needed funds.
Of course I recommend that you are a tither first and foremost, a giver (offerings) second, then that you ask and believe that the Lord will open the windows of heaven (and sell a few of his cattle on a thousand hills) over you. We did and do and can testify to His faithfulness.
bless you!!
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted
Post a Comment